- Paint. Especially important if your home color is dated or out of style. Don't forget fresh coats on trim and around windows.
- Clean. Power wash walls, driveways and sidewalks to remove debris and cobwebs. Clean windows.
- Clean up the landscape. Trim bushes below window height. Tidy up flowers and keep the lawn mowed and edged. Store toys and equipment out of sight.
- Repair. Fix lighting, fill cracks in driveways, secure screen doors and railings, replace cracked window panes. Remove and replace loose shingles. Reattach sagging gutters and downspouts.
- Add color. Potted plants, fresh flowers are inviting and add visual appeal
Thursday, November 09, 2006
With many properties on the market and sellers care coming up short when making changes to their home and ready for sale. Curb appeal is one item being overlooked, it the property is not maintained from the outside, buyers are immediately turned off from the property. This can include of landscape to condition of the roof. Depending on the condition of the home, a seller may spend a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars to bring the exterior up to competitive appearence. Other homes may need significant investment to overcome eyesores that might give buyers cold feet are new windows, siding, or roof which accounts for 40-60% of the exterior of the home. Here are some other ideas.
Posted by Buyers Broker of Florida at 12:34:00 PM