Orlando Sentinel article today explains Orlando down payment assistance applications are up. Click Here for Full Article>.
Here are some things you need to know if you are considering down payment assistance programs.
- Eligibility weighs heavily on gross income
- Approved Payments are on First Come First serve basis
- Some programs require repayment of monies in the event you sell or rent within a specific period, for example within 5 years
- Maximum purchase price is somewhere in $200’s, depends on program
- Once you have been approved, contact your buyers agent to locate a home to purchase
To get more information on Orlando area programs, see the following websites.