Here's what we have found out. Almost all property management companies have websites where you can view their inventory of homes, but not all of the pay to make the websites visible on yahoo or google for instance. So if you cannot find the website through online search, then could have a negative impact on bookings. Also some companies have mulitple websites.
Many do, but not all have relationships with tour operators. This is important because this can create volume of bookings.
To optimize marketing of your short term rental:
- Make sure you can find your property online.
- Select a Property Management Company that contracts with Tour Operators.
- Create your own website, and use Paypal services to collect your income, even in different currencies. Here is a web company that designs for short term rentals, one of our clients uses.
- Market your own website for free with Save Property Managment, who also does property managements services, if needed.
- Pay to have your rental property on other website such as, http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/ , http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/, http://www.vbro.com/